CSR and Sustainable Development Goals
Ensuring that CSR supports, and does not undermine, the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in developing countries is crucial to meeting the goal of improving the impact of business on society. SMEs make up more than 90% of all businesses worldwide and are essential to the ‘path out of poverty’ for many developing countries. If CSR demands are protectionist, culturally inappropriate or unreasonably bureaucratic the net effect will be to undermine livelihoods in the South. On the other hand, the SME sector must not be allowed to become a loophole in which polluting, exploitative industries flourish.
Support for SME development can be an important part of the CSR commitment of large companies in the context of responsible supply chain management, and improvements in social and environmental impacts can go hand-in-hand with better quality and management.
Sustainable Development Cooperation and Impact Investment are crucial for a developing country like Vietnam. In the field of development cooperation, NWC deals with the different phases of the cycle within every development cooperation project: identification, formulation, financial search, follow-up and evaluation, making sure the effectiveness and success. Our experts support project in different fields: end poverty, end hunger, food safety, education, inclusive business etc.
Through the years of experience, we provide technical assistance and project management for Sustainable Development Cooperation programs, include:
- Programming, Identification and Formulation;
- Proposal preparation, along with fieldwork if necessary;
- Budget planning preparation;
- Contribution of creative, new ideas, indispensable for the final approval of the project;
- Supervision and defense of projects;
- Financing and Performance;
- Material and human resources management;
- Follow-up and impact evaluation
- Execution of the final phase of every project by gathering documents and applying evaluating methodologies.
- Inclusive business
- Poverty reduction
- Sustainable agriculture
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Green Energy – Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
- UN sustainable development goals
- Social Audits
Relevant reference projects: